The Office of Risk Management is responsible for administering the University's risk management and insurance programs.  

Our mission is to assist the University to thoughtfully, proactively and collaboratively evaluate and manage risks, in order to leverage opportunities and eliminate or mitigate adverse effects.

Employees should immediately notify Campus Police at 318.455.5497 when an injury occurs on the job. Campus Police will create an injury report and facilitate getting an employee medical treatment. 


  1. Stay home until symptoms improve, and you’re fever-free for 24 hours without fever-reducing medication.
  2. Once you return to work, taking additional precautions for five days is recommended.
  3. If fever or worsening symptoms recur, stay home until the criteria for return to work is met again.

For detailed guidelines, visit

Coming soon!

Student Accident and Trip Travel Insurance provides coverage for students attending or participating in both on-campus and off-campus (See PM-4) functions or activities supervised by the University (excluding sports club games, competitions, and practices on-campus).

The Accident and Student Trip Travel Policy is a minimal medical policy solely for accidents, providing $5,000 Medical & Hospital expense indemnity. Exclusions to this coverage do apply, including injuries sustained while skiing, tubing, tobogganing, or sledding. In the event of illness (with limited exceptions, see policy), the student participant must file through his/her personal health insurance.
Group Activities Accident/Trip Policy Certificate of Insurance
Master Accident Policy

Submit your Trip Travel Request online 
Please go to the following site to request trip travel. Please make sure to list the appropriate account to be billed when submitting the online request.

Student organizations or departments using the links below may purchase Accident and Trip Travel Insurance for non-LSU students, but a charge of $.10 per person per day will be billed to the organization by LSU Risk Management at the end of each semester.  Please contact LSU Risk Management for additional details.

Filing a Claim

  1. Written notice of claim or Claim Report must be given to the company within twenty days of commencement of any loss covered by this policy or as soon as is reasonably possible.  Claim Report Form

  2. All claim reports must be completed and signed by the camp director, chaperone, or group leader who is UNRELATED TO THE PATIENT. Report the following:
    - Name of the injured/ill person (patient)
    - Patient’s Date of Birth
    - Date of the disability (for either an injury or an illness)
    - How disability was sustained
  1. Please provide:
    - Complete medical diagnosis by the attending physician.
    - Itemized statements for services rendered by physician or hospital.
    - Prescription receipts complete with Rx number, name of prescription, and price.
    - Proof of payment with an itemized bill if payment has been made.
    - Payment is made directly to the medical provider unless otherwise indicated on Part 5.
  1. Mail, Fax, or Scan this Claim Report directly to LSU Risk Management.  DO NOT rely on medical providers to forward this Claim Report.
    LSU Risk Management
    253 LSU Alumni Center
    Baton Rouge, LA 70803
    Telephone: 225-578-3297
    Fax: 225-578-3577


    Provider: On Call International, a premier provider of international travel risk management solutions

    LSU has partnered with On Call International to best assist LSU and its global travelers with managing international risks and emergencies.

    Key features of the program:

    • Medical, travel, security assistance, and evacuation services 
    • International medical expenses coverage
    • Coordination of emergency and non-emergency medical care
    • Coordination of travel arrangements for certain emergency circumstances such as hospitalization abroad
    • Travel monitoring app and critical event intelligence alerts (powered by OnSolve)
    • Pre-trip planning, including individual security risk assessments
    • 24-7 assistance access during travel 
    • Network of global partners to provide country-specific assistance 
    • Coverage of lost luggage or travel documents 
    • Coverage for government mandated Covid quarantine 

    Who is covered by this insurance and services?

    • Employees – Employees traveling on approved University business
    • Students - Must be enrolled at the University during travel and be participating in a University led or sponsored trip (i.e. APA, Continuing Education, Volunteer LSU)
    • Guests - Host department must complete a Request for Authorization to Travel for Non-Worker (AS-516) or obtain approval respective to their campus procedures 

    What is the cost of this program?

    Insurance for faculty, staff and approved Guest travelers is provided at no cost to the department. Insurance for students is paid by the student through their group program. Risk Management will contact departments with registered student travel at the end of each fiscal year to make arrangements for payment.

    Once a trip is planned and approved…

    Register trips with On Call:

    ✓ If your trip was booked using LSU’s preferred travel management company, Christopherson Business Travel (CBT) - no action is needed, your trip information was provided to On Call and you will be automatically registered 

    ✓ If you are traveling on an Academic Programs Abroad (APA) trip - no action is needed, your trip information was provided to On Call and you are registered

    ✓ If you fall outside the categories above, forward your trip confirmation email or itinerary and below information to  and 

    ✓ If you are traveling with a group and prefer to register via bulk upload, create an Excel spreadsheet with columns detailing the following information for each traveler to be sent to and 

    1. The first name of the traveler
    2. The last name of the traveler
    3. Email address of the individual traveler
    4. Traveler status (student or faculty/staff or LSU guest)
    5. The name of the program/purpose (unique identifier)
    6. The single or multiple destination/s (city, province, parish, etc.)
    7. Dates of travel beginning (relative to the program/purpose)
    8. Dates of travel ending
    9. Emergency contact name 
    10. Emergency contact number

    Upon receipt by On Call of your trip details, the following will occur:

    • Pre-Travel Advisory:  dependent upon the risk rating of your destination, you may receive a pre-travel advisory email with standing health and safety advice 
    • Critical Incident Alerts:  you will be registered to receive alerts via email if any are issued for your destination shortly before your trip, or while you are traveling.    
    • Risk Intelligence Mobile App Registration: You will be registered to use the OnSolve Risk Intelligence application and receive an emailed invitation to download it.  In order to optimize usage of the app, use the recommended settings found in the Mobile App User Guide
    • Emails will deliver from OCI Alerts with an email domain, we suggest you take a moment to mark this as a safe sender 

    Before you depart…

    Before traveling abroad, ensure you have the On Call plan information and contact information in the easiest place to reference it – on your phone. You can do this with a simple 2-step process without needing to login to anything or sharing any personal information:  

    • Visit this link from your phone or use your phone camera to scan the QR code below.  
    • Follow the prompts to save it to your home screen. This will give you a tile on your phone that opens aResource Hub that includes information about the program and how to use it, as well as click to dial phone and chat links. 
    • If specific proof of coverage is required for a visa application, please request a custom certificate of insurance. 

    In addition to utilizing On Call International, travelers are encouraged to register with the the State Department's Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP). Once registered you will automatically receive the most current information the State Department compiles about the country where you will be traveling. 

    Scannable QR code to download On Call reference material  

    While traveling…

    You can make a collect call, send an email, live chat or text On Call from anywhere in the world 24 hours day to request assistance. If you need medical care, encounter a travel problem, suffer a medical emergency, or are impacted by security crisis anywhere in the world, contact On Call.

    If there is a critical incident alert issued for your reported location, LSU Risk Management  will be automatically notified and will reach out to your department.  Dependent upon the nature of the incident, you may receive a text, email, and/or a notification from the App (if you’ve configured it), with a communication requesting for you to check in and acknowledge whether you are safe, or require assistance. These messages are generated by LSU or the On Call International Global Security Team. It is important to acknowledge the message as soon as possible so LSU and On Call can prioritize where help is needed and coordinate a quick and efficient response. 

    If you need Medical, Security or Travel assistance, regardless of the nature or severity of your situation, contact On Call 24 hours a day:

    Call collect from anywhere in the world*: +1 603-328-6396

    Call toll-free US / Canada: 1-833-425-5104

    24/7 Live Chat:   


    Text Only: +1 844-302-5131

    High Risk Travel

    LSU monitors US State Department travel advisories. To mitigate the risk associated with travel to high risk regions, the university requires that all travel to countries and/or regions for which the U.S. Department of State has issued a travel advisory to be reviewed and approved by the International Travel Oversight Committee (ITOC). Detailed information on the university’s policy on travel to high risk areas can be found in FASOP AS-18.

    Any travel intentions to regions or countries with U.S. Department of State advisory level of 3 or 4 must include separate approval request to ITOC.

    The request forms are:

    AS295 - Request for Travel to Restricted Regions for Individual Travelers (students or faculty)
    AS296 – Request for Travel to Restricted Regions for Student Study Trips
    AS297 – Faculty and Staff Emergency Contact Form

    If more assistance is needed please email Zelena Williams at

    Safety Newsletter Archive

    SpringClick here to access the first spring safety newsletter.

    Spring:Click here to access the first spring safety newsletter.
    Click here to access the second spring safety newsletter.
    FallClick here to access the first fall safety newsletter.
    Click here to access the second fall safety newsletter.

    FallClick here to access the first fall safety newsletter.
    Spring: Click here to access the first spring safety newsletter.
    Click here to access the second spring safety newsletter.