Returning Students

If you have attended LSUS in the past but have been out at least one semester, you are considered a re-entry applicant and must submit an application for admission. You will not need to pay an application fee.

To be eligible for readmission, you must have earned an overall 2.0 G.P.A. both at LSUS and at all other colleges and universities. The University may readmit on probation a student who was on probation or suspended when last attending LSUS.

If you have registered at another college or university since enrollment at LSUS, you must request that the institution submit official transcripts directly to the LSUS Admissions and Records Office, regardless of whether credit was earned. You can register for subsequent semesters after all final, official transcripts are received by the Admissions and Records Office.

For more information on current degree programs, visit our Academics page

Visiting Students

If you are currently enrolled in another college or university, and are eligible to continue at that institution for the next regular term, you may attend LSUS as a visiting student for one term. Admission as a visiting student is for one term only and does not constitute or presuppose continuing admission to the university. If you are admitted as a visiting student you will assume full responsibility for course selection and should seek the guidance of the institution to which credits are to be transferred.

If you wish to be a visiting student you will need to submit an undergraduate application for admission, along with the immunization form and an official transcript from your home institution.

For more information on how to apply, visit our Undergraduate Admissions page.

Non-Traditional Students

LSU Shreveport welcomes students of all ages. If you are a first-time freshman age 25 or older, you are considered an adult student. You will not be required to meet the Board of Regents' minimum admission criteria for first-time freshmen. However, you must meet the standardized test score requirements set for traditional first-time freshmen. This is determined by ACT, SAT, or ACCUPLACER. You must pass BOTH ACCUPLACERS (English and Elementary Algebra). You must have high school transcripts or proof of high school graduation sent to the Admissions Office.


Ready to pilot your future?