The Louisiana Title 29 tuition exemption pays for all tuition and school-imposed fees for those that qualify. Student fees are NOT covered by Title 29 and vary based on courses taken. For more information on tuition and fees, go to https://www.lsus.edu/costs-and-aid/tuition-and-fees.
- Available to children and surviving spouses of veterans who died in service of the Armed Forces of the United States or died of a service-connected disability during a wartime period
- Available to dependents of veterans with at least a 90% VA-rated service disability or 100% disability rating due to individual unemployability
- Must attend full-time to be eligible
- Good for 4 years of schooling to be completed in no more than 5 years
- Dependents must be at least 16 but no older than 25
- Surviving spouses have no age limit
Contact your parish’s Veterans Service Office (VSO) to apply. Email a copy of your certificate to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include your student ID in the subject line of the email.
Bossier Parish VSO – 318-741-8391 or email@example.com
Caddo Parish VSO – 318-676-7540 or firstname.lastname@example.org
All Other Louisiana VSOs - https://www.vetaffairs.la.gov/locations/