STUDENT ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Must be pursuing a bachelor's or master's degree program in the School of Education
- Must be enrolled in coursework necessary to begin a career in teaching
- Master's Degree students must possess a bachelor's degree and teaching credentials or certification
- Must be enrolled at least half-time: Undergraduate = 6 hours; Graduate = 6 hours; Accelerated Online Graduate = 3 hours per session
- Entering freshmen must have a 3.25 high school GPA; First-semester graduate students must have an undergraduate cumulative GPA of 3.25; Continuing undergraduate and graduate students must have a 3.25 cumulative GPA
- TeachLSUS students are not eligible
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid HERE
- Complete TEACH Grant Counseling and TEACH Grant Agreement to Serve HERE
- LSUS will receive the Counseling and Agreement to Serve electronically, at which point we'll confirm your eligibility and award the TEACH Grant
- The TEACH Agreement to Serve must be submitted each year you apply for a TEACH Grant
Failure to complete the teaching obligation, respond to requests for information, or properly document your teaching service within specified time frames will cause the TEACH Grant to be permanently converted to a Direct Unsubsidized Loan that must be repaid with interest charged from the date of each TEACH Grant disbursement.
Once a TEACH Grant is converted to a loan, it can't be converted back to a grant!