LSUS Food Pantry
Shop. Donate. Volunteer.
The mission of the LSUS Food Pantry is to reduce food insecurity by providing nutritious food and resources to LSUS students, enabling them to focus on education, family, work and personal growth.
How to Shop
All current students are welcome to shop the Food Pantry. All visitors must check-in with their student ID number. First-time visitors must complete an intake form and waiver. Those who wish to receive USDA items will also need to provide proof of income and ID. Proof of income may be check stub, tax statement, W-2, bank statement or SNAP benefits statement. All visits and personal information are kept confidential.
Students may visit the pantry once a week for up to 75lbs a month and can bring a grocery bag or use one provided.
Mon & Tues - 11am - 2pm
Wed & Thurs. - 1pm - 4pm
Location: UC 222
- Donate items directly to the Food Pantry in the University Center Office, located on the 2nd Floor. If items are unable to be delivered, please call 318-797-5393 to schedule a pick-up.
- Shop our Amazon Wish List by searching LSUS Food Pantry.
- Donate to the LSUS Foundation, indicating your giving to the LSUS Food Pantry.
- Host an event or food drive benefiting the Food Pantry. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 318-797-5393 to coordinate a benefit drive.
- Faculty/staff can nominate a student in need through GiftMeal. The nominee will remain anonymous and will appear in the GiftMeal system as eligible for Champions to donate giftcards to local grocery stores.
- Anyone can give to a nominated student in need through donating as a Champion on GiftMeal.
The Food Panty relies heavily on dedicated volunteers. Duties may include staffing the Pantry during operating hours, sorting and stocking supplies, retrieving donations or Food Bank orders, or assisting with administrative duties. To volunteer, email email@example.com or visit the UC Office.
Canned or packaged chicken or tuna
Canned soups, stews, chili
Cereal or oatmeal
Organic, vegetarian, vegan and gluten free items
Personal use/hygiene items
*The LSUS Food Pantry is able to accept perishable refrigerated and frozen donations, including produce and bread.