• Carpenter, H., Taylor, M., Petrescu, C., Fox, J. Goodman, H. (2022). "Ten years a retrospect: A content analysis of the Journal of Nonprofit Education and Leadership." Journal of Nonprofit Education and Leadership. Online First.
• Mirabella, R., Dolch, N. Wise, H., Carpenter, H. (2022). Nonprofit Management and Social Change. Sagamore Nonprofit Studies Book Series. Sagamore Press. (Peer Reviewed).
• Carpenter, H., Stork, N., Coontz, E. (2022). State of the Nonprofit Sector in Louisiana: Economic Report and Survey Report. Institute for Nonprofit Administration and Research, Louisiana State University Shreveport. Funded by the Norman A. Dolch Super Professorship.
• Carpenter, H. (2022) "Assessing Nonprofit Academic Programs: A More Inclusive Approach." In W. Brown & M. Hale (Eds.). Preparing Leaders of Nonprofit Organizations: Routledge.
• Mirabella, R., Carpenter, H., Dolch, N. Wise, H., Hoffman, T. (2020). Nonprofit Crisis Management: Response to COVID:19 Sagamore Nonprofit Studies Book Series. Sagamore Press.
• Bezboruah, K. & Carpenter, H. (April 2020 hardback, September 2021 paperback) (Eds. & Chapter Contributors). Teaching Nonprofit Management Textbook. Edward Elgar Publishing. (Peer Reviewed).
• Carpenter, H. (2017). Philanthropy: Evidence in Favor of a Profession. Foundation Review. 9(4). 65-75.
• Lake, D., Mileva, G., Carpenter, H. L., Carr, D., Lancaster, P., Yarbrough, T. (2017). Shifting Engagement Efforts Through Disciplinary Departments: A Mistake or a Starting Point? A Cross-Institutional, Multi-Department Analysis. Journal of Higher Education Outreach and Engagement. 21(3), pp. 135-164.
• Carpenter H. (2017). Talent Management. Eds. Word and Sowa. The Nonprofit Human Resource Management Handbook: From Theory to Practice. Taylor & Francis. 8. pp. 122-141.
• Carpenter, H. (2017). Curriculum Mapping Models and other Processes that Might Work for Nonprofit and Philanthropy Accreditation. Journal of Nonprofit Education and Leadership. V7(SI1). 111-117.
• Carpenter, H. (2017). Teaching and Training in Nonprofit Organizations. Ed. Ali Farazmand. Global Encyclopedia of Public Administration, Public Policy, and Governance. Springer.
• Carpenter, H. (2016). Perceptions for a Professional Doctorate in Philanthropy Program. Journal of Nonprofit Education and Leadership. 6(3). 224-242.
• Carpenter, H., Qualls, T. (2015). The Talent Development Platform: Putting People First in Social Change Organizations (pp. 600) San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
• Carpenter, H., Adler, S. (2015) Peer-to-Peer Fundraising Success: PAWS With A Cause. In Hugo Asencio, Rui Sun (Eds.). Cases on Strategic Social Media Utilization in the Nonprofit Sector. Hershey, Pennsylvania: IGI Global.
• Carpenter, H. (2014). A Look at Experiential Education in Nonprofit-Focused Graduate Degree Programs. Journal of Nonprofit Education and Leadership, 4(2), 114-138.