APPLICATION DUE DATES
Fall 2022 – August 5, 2022
Spring 2023 – December 9, 2022
TeachLSUS is an alternative teacher certification program for those who have earned, at minimum, a bachelor's degree in any field outside of education. We are dedicated to preparing knowledgeable, skilled, and professional educators. Candidates who apply and are accepted should be prepared to designate sufficient study time as well as allot time for field experience hours as required. As a teacher candidate with the TeachLSUS Certification-Only Program, one is eligible to work as a full-time salaried school teacher while earning a Louisiana teaching certificate.
Areas of Certification
Elementary Education 1-5 (33 credit hours)
Secondary Education 6-12 (30 credit hours):
This program qualifies for the undergraduate tuition rate: Click here to access the most recent tuition schedule.
Program Benefits Include:
- Opportunity to work while earning your Louisiana teaching certificate
- Streamlined application process
- Access to expert educators in education
- Opportunity to inspire the future of local students
- Spring and fall evening classes
- Summer day classes