Welcome! We're here to help students THRIVE!
Counseling Services offers a variety of programming designed to assist students in their adjustment to the University experience and to provide them with the responsibility and skills necessary to develop to their maximum potential. Counseling Services provides:
- Counseling Services
- Personal counseling
- Mental health & wellness resources
- Mental health screenings & outreach
- Consultation & referral services
- Disability Support
- Assessment of student need
- Coordination of academic accommodations
- Consultation on campus accessibility
- Success Workshops
- Personal development
- Awareness & prevention
The mission of LSUS Counseling Services is to: Serve LSU Shreveport's diverse campus community by providing mental health services, disability services, and wellness support services that assist students in achieving their academic and life goals and enhance their personal growth and well-being.