Print / Share  

Veteran Affairs

Transfer Applicants

For students who have already applied for their benefits or have used their benefits at a different institution, you must complete VA Form 22-1995 (for Chapters 30, 33, 1606, and 1607) or VA Form 22-5495 (for Chapter 35) as well as the local forms located in the Admissions and Records Office or online.  These forms can be found HERE.

Tuition Assistance
Students planning to use military tuition assistance (TA) should send their approved TA form to Please list your student ID in the e-mail subject line. Additionally, if you plan to use GI Bill Top Up in conjunction with TA, you will need to submit the required forms for using the GI Bill listed on this page.

National Guard and Additional State Benefits for Louisiana Residents
National Guard: The state of Louisiana has additional benefits for LA National Guard (LANG) troops.  For additional information, please contact your unit Education Officer. 

Every semester, the LANG sends LSUS a list of all LANG members eligible for the state tuition exemption.  In order to receive your exemption at LSUS, complete the Request for Certification of Veteran Education Benefits (blue form) and mark LANG tuition exemption only or LANG tuition exemption and GI Bill. 

Dependants of a Disabled Veteran:  The state also offers benefits to certain dependents of veterans who were state residents prior to entering the military and are disabled or died in the line of duty or by service connected causes. Contact the local State Veterans Affairs Office for the parish in which you reside.

Important Notes
All students are required to submit a curriculum sheet signed by your academic advisor to the Admissions and Records Office.  The curriculum sheet shows the classes required for you to obtain a degree here at LSUS and will also show any transferred classes that apply toward your degree.

All students are required to fill out the Request for Certification of Veteran Education Benefits (blue form) every semester.  The blue form is a request for certification and is authorization that you are continuing your education at LSUS.  Your classes will not be certified to the RPO until receipt of a curriculum sheet, blue form, or both.

If you add or drop a course or change a course from credit to audit during the semester, please notify the Admissions and Records Office by submitting the Notification of Dropped or Audited Class(es) (pink form) to the office.

Visit for more information.

For questions concerning LSUS VA procedures contact the LSUS Veteran Affairs Office at 318-798-4130 or email

Any veteran or dependent needing assistance for state VA benefits should contact their local Parish Service Office here.

Apply Visit Request Information