Making A Reservation
Please follow these steps to begin the reservation process:
- You may start the reservation process for your event by submitting a reservation request form.
- Once your reservation request form has been received and processed, you will be contacted by a member of our staff.
- If the date(s) you have chosen is not available, you may be asked if there are any other dates for you to hold your event.
- Once an available date(s) has been established, a tentative hold on the room for the date(s) and time(s) you have requested will be made.
- To confirm your reservation, you may be requested to pay a deposit and sign a usage agreement.
If you have any questions about this process or would like to check availability, please give us a call at 318-797-5393.
Student organizations - One Year in Advance
University (LSU Shreveport) divisions and departments - One Year in Advance
All other entities - Six Months in Advance
CONSIDERATIONS FOR YOUR EVENT
The following list of items are for your consideration when holding your event in the University Center.
ALL food/beverages must be approved by the Univeristy Center
Only BEER and WINE COOLERS are allowed - NO hard liquor
Alcohol can only be served if approved by the University Center Director
Alcohol must be served by a person holding an ABO card
Alcohol must be given out - NO CASH BARS ALLOWED
FOOD and OTHER BEVERAGES
Caterers must provide at least $1,000,000 in liability insurance and the Univeristy Center must be listed as addionally insured and a certificate holder for your event
Even if your event is not catered by a professional, insurance may still be required
Security must be coordinated through the University Center
Security may be required for your event
Extra charges apply for required security
ITEMS FOR SALE
The sale of items during your event must be approved prior to your event
The sale of items during your event will require a full accounting of all items sold
The University Center collects 20% of gross sales for those items sold at your event
Equipment Available for Use in the UC only
Other equipment may be available, check with the University Center office for futher information
Usage of equipment may require an A/V tech
Extra charges apply for A/V techs and equipment
Other questions for consideration may be answered by visiting our frequently asked questions page.