Print / Share  

Reservations & Events Services

Frequently Asked Questions

Can I use my own caterer?

Yes, however the caterer must have a minimum of 1 million dollars' worth of liability insurance. A copy of the caterer's liability insurance form must be received by the University Center Office before the event date. Additional requirements of the caterers include, but are not limited to, adding the University Center as a certificate holder that is additionally insured on their insurance policy.

Do I get the $250.00 deposit back?

Yes, if there is no damage caused to the facilities or any other property that belongs to the University. If there is any damage to the facility, you do not clean up after the event, or you have any other fines or charges that are incurred, the $250.00 may be forfeited.

How far in advance can I book an event?

Reservations for entities not directly associated with LSU Shreveport can only be booked 6 months in advance.

Can I serve alcoholic beverages?

Alcohol at any student organization event is strictly prohibited.

Outside entities may serve beer and wine coolers only. Also, your caterer must obtain the required permits for serving alcohol from the City/State.

"Cash bar" is strictly prohibited.

Do I have to clean up after the event?

Yes, all trash must be in the provided trash cans and all decorations must be taken down.

What if I need an AV Tech?

An AV Tech can be provided for you for an additional fee.

Is there a charge for using the facility?

Yes, all off campus groups will be charged the regular room rate for room they use.

Apply Visit Request Information