Student Government Association
PURPOSE: Believing that students have the right to participate in a significant manner in the operations of our University, We, the Students of Louisiana State University in Shreveport, in order to insure a practical system of self government, to represent the concerns of the student body, and to promote the general welfare of all students, do ordain and establish this constitution.
ACTIVITIES: Creating and passing legislation, SGA Day, canned food drive, undie run and other activities during the school year
Meeting Time: Every Monday at 11:00 a.m.
Meeting Place: UC Webster Room
The governing qualifications for eligibility for an office in the SGA are as follows:
- Membership in SGA
- Registered in no less than six hours per semester for credit during the fall and spring semester.
- Cumulative grade point average at LSUS of no less than 2.0 for undergraduate students.
- Cumulative grade point average at LSUS of no less than 3.0 for graduate students.
- Not on scholastic or disciplinary probation.
- Not holding more than one externally (at large) elected office in the governing body of the SGA.
- Meet any specific qualifications for office.
To be eligible to run for the the office of SGA President, Vice - President, and Executive Secretary, a person at the time of candidacy must:
- Have a cumulative grade point average at LSUS of no less than 2.5 for undergraduate students and no less than 3.25 for graduate students.
- Not on academic or disciplinary probation.
- Be enrolled as a full time student as defined by their college.
- Have completed at least 24 semester hours for credit at LSUS.
- Must have served one year in the Senate immediately prior to the election.
Failure to meet all of the above qualifications will result in the immediate disqualification of the proposed candidate.
Fall (special elections) and Spring (main elections)
INTERESTED IN JOINING?
CONTACT: Kirsten Howard
Dr. Randy Butterbaugh
Advisor Department / Office: Student Affairs
Advisor Phone Number: (318) 797-5116
President: Kirsten Howard
Vice President: Garrett Jones
Secretary: Natasha Van Der Merwe
SOC Representative: Kirsten Howard