Health Information/Wellness Classes
Need a little help with your fitness routine? Rec Sports offers the affordable Student Development Personal Training program for LSUS students, faculty and staff. This program is designed to allow certified and aspiring student personal trainers gain hands-on experience through assisting clients with their personal fitness goals. For pricing or to schedule a consultation, call Angel Martin at 318-797-5393 or email email@example.com.
Are you interested in training to run 5K (3.1 miles)? Click here for the Cool Running Couch-to-5K Training Schedule. Couch to 5K group training is held every fall and spring semester through LSUS Rec Sports.
Would you like to sign-up for a local run/walk or triathlon? Click here to view Sportspectrum's race calendar.
Adult CPR/AED/First Aid Training
LSUS Rec Sports offers first responder training each semester. The American Red Cross courses teach basic rescue techniques including performing cardiopulmonary resuscitation, using an Automated External Defibrillator, assisting a choking victim and applying first aid in an emergency situation. Course cost is $25 (cash or check; includes participant handbook and certificates) and courses are available to LSUS students only.
- Section I provides you with information to help you determine signs and symptoms, the causes, and possible treatments of common health problems such as coughs, colds, asthma, stress, vomiting, etc.
- Section II discusses safety guidelines for alcohol, drugs, over-the-counter medications, skin, immunizations, and how to administer a testicular or breast self-exam.
- Section III provides you with valuable information on eating well and regularly exercising, good sleeping habits, tobacco use, and sexual health.
- Section I provides you with Mental Health Facts such as where to go for help, characteristics of mental health, reasons to seek help, national resources, etc.
- Section II discusses Mental Health Topics such as anger, eating disorders, gambling, panic attacks, phobias, stress, relational problems, self-esteem, suicide, etc.
If you would like to know more information on these topics, click on either of the links above to be taken directly to the respective website.
Daily Food Plan