Name: Richard D. Mabry
Start Year at LSUS: 1989
Credentials: Ph.D., University of South Florida, 1985
Office Location: Bronson Hall 416
Office Phone: 318-797-5352
No office hours, I've retired! Well, I'm over 75% retired; I'll teach a number (*) of online courses this year.
(*) Note: 1 and 0 are numbers.
- Math 121 (College Algebra)
Session B only, 100% online,
- Classical measure theory and real analysis;
- Geometric inequalities;
- Nets of polyhedra
- Venn diagrams
- Number theory.
- Richard D. Mabry, Stretched shadings and a Banach measure that is not scale-invariant, Fund. Math. 209 (2010), no. 2, 95–113.
- Rick Mabry, Crosscut Convex Quadrilaterals, Math. Mag. 84, no. 1 (Feb. 2011), 16–25.
- Steven D. Smith (student) and Rick Mabry, "The determinant of a Kronecker Product" (Solution to Problem 1833), Math. Mag. 83, no. 5 (Dec. 2010), 394–395.
- Rick Mabry, The Hardest Straight-in Pool Shot, College Math. J., 41, no. 1 (Jan. 2010), 49–57.
- Rick Mabry and Laura McCormick (student), Square products of punctured sequences of factorials, Gaz. Aust. Math. Soc., 36, no. 53 (Nov. 2009), 346–352.
- Rick Mabry and Paul Deiermann, Of Cheese and Crust: A Proof of the Pizza Conjecture and Other Tasty Results, Amer. Math. Monthly, 116, no. 5 (May 2009), 423–438.
- Richard D. Mabry, "No nontrivial Hamel basis is closed under multiplication", Aequationes Mathematicae, 71 (2006), no. 3, 294–299.
More details are here.