Distance Learning StudentsAs a distance learning student you will be able to use the University Writing Lab through on-line means. In order to schedule a meeting with a peer tutor please email Ms. Cleatta Morris at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can greatly enhance your online tutoring by following our "top 10" list of suggestions:
- Know your assignment, course and instructor's name.
- Set up an online appointment with the UWC early in the writing process.
- Engage in email discussions regarding the assignment with the peer tutor.
- Have specific questions about your writing.
- Be aware that typed drafts must be submitted at least 2 days prior to the scheduled online appointment.
- Be aware that peer counselors will only be available at the scheduled online appointment time.
- Don't expect peer counselors to correct/edit your paper or to proofread it; instead, they will tell you how to identify your errors and correct them.
- Don't expect peer counselors to estimate the grade your paper will receive. Only your instructor can judge the quality of your work for a grade.
- Be open to the suggestions the peer counselors will make; ultimately, however, the final decision about changes/additions to your work is always yours. YOU are in charge of your work.
- Talk to the Director of the UWC if you have a problem with the advice a peer counselor gives you:
Cleatta R. Morris, Instructor
Bronson Hall 118