Drop by to see us anytime during normal operating hours in Bronson Hall 114. Our hours are:
8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m. (Monday, Tuesday and Friday)
8:30 a.m. - 9 p.m. (Wednesday and Thursday)
You can greatly enhance your visit by following our "top 10" list of suggestions:
- Know your assignment, course and instructor's name.
- Visit the UWC early in the writing process.
- Bring your textbook, assignment sheets, and drafts.
- Have specific questions about your writing.
- Be aware that handwritten drafts elicit fewer helpful responses than typed drafts.
- Be aware that peer counselors will limit your time to 30 minutes if other students are waiting.
- Don't expect peer counselors to correct/edit your paper or to proofread it; instead, they will show you how to identify your errors and correct them.
- Don't expect peer counselors to estimate the grade your paper will receive. Only your instructor can judge the quality of your work for a grade.
- Be open to the suggestions the peer counselors will make; ultimately, however, the final decision about changes/additions to your work is always yours. YOU are in charge of your work.
- Talk to the Director of the UWC if you have a problem with the advice a peer counselor gives you:
Cleatta R. Morris, Instructor
Bronson Hall 118