The transcript is the official University statement of a student's academic record at LSUS. Students may request official transcripts via myLSUS, fax, mail or in person. The Admissions and Records Office maintains all official student records. There is no charge for transcript service.
Transcripts will not be released until all financial obligations are cleared in the Accounting Services Office. If you have questions regarding your account, please contact Accounting Services, AD127, by phone at (318) 797-5275.
Official transcripts may be requested using one of the following methods:
- Online via myLSUS (available to students who attended after 1984)
- Via fax at (318) 797-5286 or by mail
- In person at the Admissions and Records Office (AD 168)
1) To request an official transcript via myLSUS :
Logon to myLSUS using your Student Identification Number and PIN.
Select Records from the menu bar.
Select Transcript Request.
Select whether the transcript is to be sent:
- Directly to you at the displayed address (If address is incorrect, select Profile from the menu bar and change your address information prior to completing your transcript request.).
- To a College or University (Click on the blue question mark for a comprehensive list of colleges and universities.).
- To an agency (Click on the blue question mark for a list of agencies.).
- To other (If the address where the transcript needs to be mailed is not available in either of the above lists please use this option to fill in the required information.).
Select the number of copies that are being requested and when the transcripts are to be sent (now or after grades are posted).
Click on the red "Submit" button.
Transcripts requested via myLSUS will generally be processed the next business day. You may track your transcript request by logging onto myLSUS, select "Records" from the menu bar and then select "Display Transcript Request Info."
2) To request an official transcript via fax or by mail:
You may visit the Forms page on the LSUS Web site found by clicking Admissions & Financial Aid, then Undergraduate Admissions. Then click on the link for the Transcript Request Form, complete the form, sign and date, fax to the Admissions and Records Office at (318) 797-5286, or send by mail to:
Admissions and Records office
One University Place
Shreveport, LA 71115
Transcript requests must include the following student information:
- Full name (please include all names under which your academic records may be filed)
- Student Identification Number or Social Security number
- Date of birth
- Current address
- Phone number where you may be reached in case of questions
- Approximate dates of attendance
- Complete name and address of where transcript will be sent
- Student's original signature (unsigned requests will not be processed)
- Purpose of request
Transcript requests are usually processed within 2 business days, except during peak periods when processing may take longer. Transcript requests are processed in the order in which they are received.
Please note that transcripts are mailed first class standard delivery via the United States Postal Service. If you require express mail service delivery, contact the Admissions and Records Office at 318-797-5061, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30p.m., to make payment arrangements.
3) To request an official transcript in person:
You may complete the transcript request form in person in the Admissions and Records Office located in the Administration building, Room 168. Office hours are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. You will be required to show photo identification in order to pick up your transcript.
Please be sure to bring the complete name and address of where the transcript is to be sent.
Note: Official transcripts provided directly to the student will be stamped with the words, "ISSUED TO STUDENT." Please ensure the receiving organization will accept the transcript as an official copy.
If you have questions or concerns about transcript requests, please contact the Admissions and Records Office at 318-797-5204 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.An unofficial transcript can be obtained via myLSUS by selecting "Records" and "Display Unofficial Transcript." The student may then print his/her unofficial transcript.