University Mission Statement
The mission of Louisiana State University in Shreveport is to:
- Serve as a teaching institution focused on the successful education of undergraduate and graduate students through bachelors, masters, and select doctoral programs.
- Provide a stimulating and supportive learning environment in which students, faculty, and staff participate freely in the creation, acquisition, and dissemination of knowledge;
- Encourage an atmosphere of intellectual excitement;
- Foster the academic and personal growth of students;
- Produce graduates who possess the intellectual resources and professional and personal skills that will enable them to be effective and productive members of an ever-changing global community; and
- Enhance the cultural, technological, social, and economic development of the region through outstanding teaching, research, and public service.