Services for Distance Learners
Noel Memorial Library is committed to providing high quality service to all LSU Shreveport students and faculty. This committment includes off-campus students who do not live in the Shreveport-Bossier area.
For more instructions on library services as well as screenshot tutorials, visit the Distance Learners / Dual Enrollment LibGuide.
Finding Material in the Library
For distance students who wish to look at the Library's entire holdings, e-Library, the library catalog, can be used to search printed material and media, as well as online journal titles. DISCOVERY is a tool that allows users to search the traditional catalog and all the databases together.
- Search the online catalog, e-Library
- Search DISCOVERY to view the online catalog simultanteously with database results
Library Materials Available via Off-Campus Access
The Library has over 60,000 ejournals and over 100,000 ebooks available to off-campus students. Students trying to access library databases and the library's My Account feature should use the same login credentials as they do for myLSUS. Students who have forgotten their PIN should contact the LSUS Admissions office.
- Find Databases and Articles allows you to review the library's list of online databases by name, academic department, or subject
- Just looking for an eBook? Try using the catalog's advanced search to limit by ebook type or see our list of ebook providers on the Find Books page.
- Search the A to Z list, an alphabetical listing of all full-text online journals
Borrowing Materials From Other Libraries
In addition to what the library owns or subscribes to, several options exist for off-campus students to access material not held by the Library. Tools are available to assist in locating materials as well.
- Interlibrary Loan allows students to request material that the library does not own. Books and media must be picked up in person at the Noel Memorial Library, but articles are emailed to the student. In most cases, items are provided at no charge..
- LALINC is a program in which LSUS students can borrow materials from other academic libraries in Louisiana.
- WorldCat can be used to find the closet library that has a particular item or search the catalog to see what is available on a particular subject.
Services Provided By Your Local Library
Most city and county/parish libraries have interlibrary loan services and online databases available to their residents and property owners. Similar to Noel Memorial Library's Interlibrary Loan, items are requested and if filled, are shipped to the local library for pickup. Services and subscribed content will vary from library to library.
Use our subject guides to help get started or ask a librarian for assistance. How-To Guides for using databases, downloading ebooks, and accessing library resources on mobile devices are also available.