Flex Spending Account: Boon Chapman
Phone: 1.800.252.9653, select option 6 for flex spending
Mail: Boon-Chapman, P.O. Box 9201, Austin, TX 78766
2014 Annual Enrollment Information
2014 Annual Enrollment be held from October 1, 2013 - October 31, 2013 with changes being effective January 1, 2014. Flex spending participants must enroll each plan year. Enrollment forms must be turned into Human Resources, no later than 4:30 pm on October 31, 2013.
Boon-Chapman will continue as the claims administrator for the LSU Flexible Spending Accounts for the 2014 calendar year. The IRS Section 125 Flex Spending Account program allows employees to put tax-sheltered dollars in an account for out-of-pocket medical and/or dependent care expenses that are incurred from January 1, 2014 through December 31, 2014 for the employee and any eligible dependents. The IRS does allow for a 2 1/2 month grace period to incur expenses if all funds are not exhausted by December 31, 2014. The monthly administrative fee is $5.10 for 12-month employees and $6.80 for 9-month employees.
The amount of money that employees can tax shelter for health care expenses for 2014 plan year is $2,500.
Please calculate spending amounts carefully as this is a use it or lose it plan!
Flex Spending Forms / Documents
Click here for the FSA enrollment form.
Click here for the FSA direct deposit form.
Click here for the Boon Chapman FSA brochure.
Click here for Boon Chapman FSA FAQ's.
Click here for the FSA Health Care Reimbursement Form.
Click here for the FSA Dependent Care Reimbursement Form.
Click here for the LSU System Flex Spending Plan Document
Employees appointed for more than 120 days and 75% of full-time or greater are eligible for enrollment.
Plan members who have an HSA account are not eligible to participate in this plan.
Flexible Spending Account Plan
Eligible employees may establish one or both of the following flexible spending accounts, which allow them to use tax-free dollars to pay for eligible expenses.
1. Healthcare Spending Account allows employees to set aside, on a tax-free basis, up to $2,500 per year for eligible non-reimbursable (i.e., out-of-pocket) medical expenses for the employee and his/her dependents.
2. Dependent Care Spending Account allows employees to set aside, on a tax-free basis, up to $5,000 per year per family (or $2500 if married filing separately) for those dependent care expenses (i.e., day care) incurred in order for the employee and his/her spouse (if married) to work.
- Two debit cards will be mailed to participants enrolled for the January 1, 2014 – December 31, 2014 plan year.
- Cards will be mailed prior to the beginning of the plan year.
- Healthcare expenses: This card may be used at pharmacies, doctor’s offices, clinics, etc.
- Daycare providers: This card may be used at day care providers as long as you have a balance in your FSA account.
- Keep all debit card receipts as you may be asked to submit receipts to Boon-Chapman.
If an employee has not exhausted all flex spending account funds by December 31, 2014, the IRS will allow a 2 1/2 month extension (March 15, 2015) to incur expenses. All FSA money must be claimed no later than April 30, 2015 or participants will forfeit the money.
Terminating employees or non-eligible members
These employees have 120 days from termination or ineligibility date to submit claims for reimbursement. All expenses must be incurred on or before the last date of employment or eligibility.