LSUS 2016-2017 Faculty Senators
134 Faculty: 15 Seats
3-yr Term (2 terms max)
- President: Michael Meeks
- Vice President: H. Carl Smolinski
- Secretary: Lynn Walford
- Parliamentarian: Beverly Burden
- At-Large: Cheryl White
- At-Large: Kevin Krug
School of Business (27 Faculty: 3 Senate Seats)
- Michael Meeks [first term expires Aug 2017]
- H. Carl Smolinski [first term expires Aug 2018]
- ChengHo Hsieh [first term expires Aug 2017]
School of Education (11 Faculty: 1 Senate Seats)
- Michael Chikeleze [first term expires Aug 2019]
School of Human Sciences (18 Faculty: 2 Senate Seats)
- Kyle Pierce [first term expires 2018]
- Kevin Krug [second term expires Aug 2017]
School of Humanities & Social Sciences (36 Faculty: 4 Senate Seats)
- Jason Mackowiak [first term expires Aug 2019]
- Thomas Dubose [first term expires Aug 2017]
- Lynn Walford [second term expires Aug 2019]
- Cheryl White [second term expires Aug 2019]
School of Mathematics & Sciences (36 Faculty: 4 Senate Seats)
- Beverly Burden [second term expires Aug 2019]
- James Ingold [second term expires August 2019]
- Brian Salvatore [second term expires Aug 2017]
- Zsolt Lengvarszky [second term expires Aug 2019]
Library (8 Faculty: 1 Senate Seats)
- Kay Stebbins [first term expires Aug 2017]
Senate Constitution Notes
- The Senate shall represent the Faculty Council in all matters and shall be deemed to voice the policies, opinions, and sentiments of the Faculty Council on any matter within its jurisdiction.
- Members of the Faculty Senate shall be elected by their respective School faculties on the basis of one senator elected to the Faculty Senate for every nine full-time faculty members in that School and one senator from the Library.
- The allocation of the number of representatives from each School shall be determined by a faculty head count to be taken on March 1 of each academic year.
- Members of the Faculty Senate will be limited to no more than two consecutive terms (six years) of continuous service.
- The Executive Committee may declare a seat vacant in the event of three undeclared absences per academic year.
- The procedures for nomination and election of members of the Faculty Senate shall be administered by the Faculty Senate Policy and Personnel Committee.
- The election of members of the Faculty Senate shall be conducted during the months of March or April in each year.
- The election of members of the Faculty Senate will be scheduled for April with the elected Senators taking office at the beginning of the following Fall Semester.
- The Senate President, Vice-President, Secretary, Parliamentarian, and two other members of the Executive Committee of the Senate for an academic year will be elected in a meeting of the Senate in April; preceding the semester that they are to take office.