The Center for Business and Economic Research at Louisiana State University Shreveport, founded in 1982 as the Center for Business Research, was originally organized to develop a base of socioeconomic data about the Shreveport area, to analyze area economic trends and factors, and to disseminate the results to the community. Today, the Center for Business and Economic Research continues with this core mission by:
- Serving as the central source for economic research for new business recruitment and existing business expansion for the Northwest Louisiana region.
- Maintaining a database of local and regional economic indicators, updated monthly.
- Analyzing area economic trends and publishing reports for use by area businesses and economic development organizations.
- Conducting an annual Economic Outlook Conference.
- Conducting applied business research projects and economic impact studies on contract basis.
- Providing Census data maps and marketing territory maps.
- Partnering with the U.S. Census Bureau to serve as a Census Information Center helping to disseminate Census data to the community.
Where are we located?
The Center for Business and Economic Research is located on the campus of Louisiana State University Shreveport (LSUS). We are in the Business Administration/Education building (Building 11) on the first floor, in Room 119A. The campus of LSUS is located in south Shreveport on Youree Drive, just south of the intersection with Bert Kouns Industrial Loop. Follow this link to a Map of LSUS Campus. Some general directions to the campus are as follows.
Driving Directions from Shreveport:
Take Youree Drive South from the City of Shreveport vicinity; continue until you reach the intersection with Bert Kouns Industrial Loop. At this intersection is a large six story hospital, the Willis Knighton building, on one corner, and on the other corner is Wal-Mart Supercenter. Proceed THROUGH this intersection, still on Youree Drive, until you reach the next traffic light, at which you will turn LEFT onto the LSUS campus. Once you turn onto campus, you will want to turn to the LEFT, that is, along the north side of campus. The BE building will be the third building on the right. You will first pass the Noel Memorial Library and then Bronson Hall. There is a sign by the drive in front of the BE building which will read Business Administration/Education (Building 11) in large letters.
Center for Business and Economic Research Staff:
Becky Berry, Director
Gene Romine, Assistant Director