Choose Your Major or Career
Need help choosing a Major or Career?
The Career Services staff can assist you in determining what you want to be when you grow up! You can get help exploring your interests, values, and skills and researching occupations which might best utilize those identified strengths and interests.
There are many ways to explore career and major options:
- One-on-One appointments with our staff
- Career Decision-Making Workshops: see our calendar for upcoming workshops
- Career Assessments:
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI): This assessment will help you understand your personality type and natural preferences. Understanding these preferences and your personality will help you to find potential occupations that are a good fit.
- The STRONG Interest Inventory: This assessment will measure your interests in different occupations, school subject areas, and work and leisure activities. You can then utilize these interests to identify potential occupations.
- These assessments are available through Career Pilot. Once you log in, they are located on the left panel. Each assessment costs $20 and can be paid by credit card through the website. You will need to schedule an appointment with a member of the Career Services staff to review your results.
- 3-Step Career Planning Guide: View this guide for help in planning a successful future and employment upon graduation!
- MyPlan: A great resource for exploring your occupational options, potential majors, and your self!
- Research what majors are available at LSUS.
- Explore What Can I Do with This Major?
- Conduct Informational Interviews with professionals in your field of interest to learn more about the field and what they do! Go prepared with questions to ask these professionals.
- Utilize online resources with occupational information such as the O*Net Online and the Occupational Outlook Handbook.
- The Career Services Resource Library located in AD 218 has hundreds of career information resources covering topics such as the best graduate and professional schools, how to secure jobs in different fields, current job opportunities, and graduate and professional school entrance exam study materials.