Pilots Golf Classic
Want to have a great time and support LSUS too?
Sponsor a team or volunteer at the 2017 LSUS Alumni Capital One Pilots Golf Classic!
THE 19TH ANNUAL TOURNAMENT IS SET FOR MONDAY, APRIL 10, 2017 AT STONEBRIDGE GOLF CLUB IN BOSSIER CITY, LA.
StoneBridge features a stunning and beautifully-maintained 18-hole championship golf course designed by PGA Tour pro Fred Couples and award-winning architect Gene Bates. It winds through a natural setting of mature oaks, small lakes and protected wetlands. The course offers 5 sets of tees to provide a fun and exciting layout for golfers of all levels. From the "gold" or championship tees, it stretches more than 7,000 yards in length. The great variety of shot values and the beautiful scenery make this a golf experience that club members and guests savor again and again.
Sponsorships range from a $250 Fairway Sponsorship (course signage and media mentions) to the $750 Titanium Sponsorship (one 4-person team plus course signage and media mentions) to the $2500 Platinum Sponsorship (two, 4-person teams plus course signage, media mentions, and contest-naming opportunity).
Greens fees, carts, driving range practice, Campus Federal Putting Contest, a Closest to the Pin Contest (currently open to sponsorship), Landers Hole in One Contest, Courtesy Golf Car Hole in One Contest, mulligans, beverages, snacks, lunch, dinner and GREAT PRIZES (door, team and contest) are included in the sponsorship fee. You can also participate in our famous Silent Auction!
NEW for 2017:
A Long Drive Guest will hit drives for the teams on one or more challenging holes, and will request donations for scholarships.
The Cross Keys Bank Million Dollar Shootout will feature the 4 winners of the Closest to the Pin Contest.
Since its beginning in 1999, the Pilots Classic has raised $270,000 in profits for scholarships, programs, projects and services that benefit LSUS. Of that total, $182,000 has gone directly to scholarships.
As of 11/7/2016 OUR 2017 SPONSORS ARE:
TITLE SPONSOR -
- Platinum Sponsors - Campus Federal Credit Union; Cypress Bend Resort; Texas Roadhouse
- Gold Sponsors - Carr, Riggs & Ingram, LLC; Landers Dodge Chrysler Jeep RAM; Somdal Associates, LLC; Summit Financial Wealth Advisors; Yelverton & Associates - a financial advisory practice of Ameriprise Financial Services, Inc.
- Titanium Sponsors - Barksdale Federal Credit Union; Coca-Cola Bottling Co. of Shreveport; Eagle Distributing of Shreveport, Inc.; Enterprise Rent-A-Car; Fire Tech Systems; Music Mountain Water; Pro Financial - In Memory of Andrew Miciotto; Raising Cane's Chicken Fingers; Signs At Work; Young Equipment Solutions
- Fairway Sponsors - Courtesy Golf Cars; Cross Keys Bank
Our 2016 event was a huge success and the Alumni Association raised more than $14,000 in profits for LSUS.
Click here to access photos from the 2016 tournament.
Capital One Bank #1 took First Place Prize for Flight 1!
Other 2016 Team and Contest Winners were:
- Flight #1: 1st - Capital One #1; 2nd - Kintzing Electrical Contractors; 3rd - Yelverton & Associates; 4th Liberty Mutual Insurance
- Flight #2: 1st - Acadian Ironworks; 2nd - Campus Federal Credit Union #2; 3rd - Fire Tech Systems, Inc.; 4th - Carr, Riggs & Ingram #2
- Campus Federal Putting Contest - 1st - Frank Warner/Benteler Steel; 2nd - Jason Rampmaier/Campus Federal #2; 3rd - Trey Gibson/Campus Federal #1
- Chancellor's Challenge Contest - Camus Electric Company attained the dubious honor of being the team with the highest score for the day!
- Closest to the Pin Contest - James Hunter/Carr, Riggs & Ingram #1; Evan Rushing; Matt Crotty/Carr, Riggs & Ingram #2; Billy Parks/Kintzing Electrical Contractors