Pilots Golf Classic
Want to have a great time and support LSUS too?
Sponsor a team or volunteer at the LSUS Alumni Capital One Pilots Golf Classic!
After days of downpours and rescheduling from March 23 to March 30, the 17th Annual event kicked off at East Ridge Country Club. It was a huge success and we are already making plans for 2016. We'll post information when a date has been set.
East Ridge is known throughout the ArkLaTex as having one of the most challenging golf courses around. The Par 71, 18-hole course is 6,831 yards long and is as daunting as it is beautiful. Quite naturally, East Ridge is home to some of the area's most prestigious tournaments. LSUS was delighted to offer this new venue to our loyal golfers. Click here for the East Ridge score card.
Sponsorships range from a $250 Fairway Sponsorship (course signage and media mentions) to the $750 Titanium Sponsorship (one 4-person team plus course signage and media mentions) to the $2500 Platinum Sponsorship (two, 4-person teams plus course signage, media mentions, and contest-naming opportunity).
Greens fees, carts, driving range practice, Campus Federal Putting Contest, a Closest to the Pin Contest (currently open to sponsorship), Landers Dodge Hole in One Contest, Courtesy Golf Car Hole in One Contest, mulligans, beverages, snacks, lunch, dinner and GREAT PRIZES are included in the sponsorship fee.
In its 17-year history, the Pilots Classic has raised almost $256,000 in profits for scholarships, programs, projects and services that benefit LSUS.
Our 2015 sponsors were:
TITLE SPONSOR -
- Platinum Sponsors - Campus Federal Credit Union; Cypress Bend Resort; Somdal Associates, LLC; Texas Roadhouse
- Gold Sponsors - Carr, Riggs & Ingram, LLC; Landers Dodge Chrysler Jeep; McAlister's Deli; Yelverton & Associates - a financial advisory practice of Ameriprise Financial Services, Inc.
- Titanium Sponsors - Acadian Ironworks; Barksdale Federal Credit Union; Buckelew's Food Service; Camus Electric Company; Citizens National Bank; Coca-Cola Bottling Co. of Shreveport; Eagle Distributing of Shreveport, Inc.; Enterprise Rent-A-Car; Fire Tech Systems; Kintzing Electrical Contractors, Inc.; Liberty Mutual Insurance; Music Mountain Water; NuBeat Productions, LLC; Pinnacle Asset Management Group; Pro Financial - In Memory of Andrew Miciotto; Shreveport Bossier Realty; Signs At Work; Wray Ford, Inc.; Young Equipment Solutions, Inc.
- Fairway Sponsors - Courtesy Golf Cars; Shreveport Diabetes Sports, Inc.
Click here to access photos from the 2015 tournament.
Citizens National Bank repeated their 2014 win and took First Place Prize for Flight 1.
Other 2015 Team and Contest Winners were:
- Flight #1: 1st - Citizens National Bank; 2nd - Capital One Bank #2; 3rd - NuBeat Productions LLC; 4th - Kintzing Electrical Contractors
- Flight #2: 1st - Shreveport Bossier Realty; 2nd - Acadian Ironworks; 3rd - Camus Electric; 4th - Texas Roadhouse #2
- Campus Federal Putting Contest - 1st - John Bishop; 2nd - Ken Rams; 3rd - Brad Massad
- Chancellor's Challenge Contest - Campus Federal #1 attained the dubious honor of being the team with the highest score for the day!
- Closest to the Pin Contests - Colt Miller; Cindy Clements; Kyle Sawyer; Mike Young