Pilots Golf Classic
Want to have fun and support LSUS too? Sponsor a team or volunteer at the Pilots Golf Classic!
THE 2013 PILOTS GOLF CLASSIC IS SCHEDULED FOR FRIDAY, MAY 3, 2013.
There are only 4 teams left in a field of 30, so sign up soon!
We are excited about our new venue. The Golf Club at StoneBridge in Bossier City features a beautiful 18-hole championship course designed by PGA Tour professional Fred Couples and award-winning architect Gene Bates. The tournament offers a Noon "shotgun start" and a number of contests.
Sponsorships range from a $250 Fairway Sponsorship (course signage and media mentions) to the $700 Titanium Sponsorship (one 4-person team plus course signage and media mentions) to the $3500 Diamond Sponsorship (two, 4-person teams plus course signage, media mentions, and contest-naming). Greens fees, carts, driving range practice, Campus Federal Putting Contest, Gill Industries Closest to the Pin Contest, Landers Dodge and Courtesy Golf Car Hole in One Contests, mulligans, beverages, snacks, lunch, dinner and GREAT PRIZES are included in the sponsorship fee.
The Pro Financial Team - in Memory of Andrew Miciotto took First Place, Flight One in 2011, then came back in 2012 with a team score of 56 to kept their name on top. Many sponsors, including our Title Sponsor, Capital One Bank, have been with us from the beginning.
The Pilots Classic is one of the Alumni Association's major fundraisers. In its 14-year history, the Classic has raised more than $213,000 for scholarships, programs, projects and services that benefit LSUS. The 2012 tournament cleared $18,000.
We are indebted to our 2013 sponsors!
- TITLE SPONSOR -
- Diamond Sponsor - Texas Roadhouse
- Platinum Sponsors - Campus Federal Credit Union; Cypress Bend Resort; Gill Industries, Ltd.; Somdal Associates, LLC
- Gold Sponsors - CRI LLC/Roberts, Cherry & Company; Eagle Distributing of Shreveport, Inc.; Landers Dodge Chrysler Jeep; McAlister's Deli; Risk Services of Louisiana, Inc.
- Titanium Sponsors - Barksdale Federal Credit Union; Buckelew's Food Service; Capitol Strategies of Louisiana; Citizens National Bank; Coca-Cola Bottling Co. of Shreveport; Enterprise Rent-A-Car; Fire Tech Systems, Inc.; James Smith Noel Foundation; Kintzing Electrical Contractors; Louisiana Clinical Research; Music Mountain Water; Pro Financial - In Memory of Andrew Miciotto; Signs At Work
- Fairway Sponsors - Bowman Systems, LLC; Courtesy Golf Cars
The 2012 Team and Contest Winners were:
- Flight #1: 1st - Pro Financial (in memory of Andrew Miciotto); 2nd - Capital One #2; 3rd - The Good Companies; 4th - The Noel Foundation
- Flight #2: 1st - Camus Electric; 2nd - AEP SWEPCO; 3rd - Enterprise Rent-A-Car; 4th - Cypress Bend Resort
- Campus Federal Putting Contest - 1st, Skip McCright from Bo Boyd Team; 2nd, Ken Rams from Cypress Bend; 3rd, Dale Barnhill from Cypress Bend
- Chancellor's Challenge Contest - Elton B. Richey & Associates, LLC regained this dubious honor in a hard-fought battle - for the team with the highest score!
- Gill Industries Closest to the Pin Contests - Tyler Robertson, John Hubbard, Scott Morgan & Chris Lloyd