Pilots Golf Classic
Want to have a great time and support LSUS too?
Sponsor a team or volunteer at the LSUS Alumni Capital One Pilots Golf Classic!
Sign up now to hold your place in the 2014 Pilots Classic scheduled for MONDAY, May 5, 2014 at The Golf Club at StoneBridge. We have just 14 teams left!
Sponsorships range from a $250 Fairway Sponsorship (course signage and media mentions) to the $700 Titanium Sponsorship (one 4-person team plus course signage and media mentions) to the $3500 Diamond Sponsorship (two, 4-person teams plus course signage, media mentions, and contest-naming). Greens fees, carts, driving range practice, Campus Federal Putting Contest, Gill Industries Closest to the Pin Contest, Landers Dodge and Courtesy Golf Car Hole in One Contests, mulligans, beverages, snacks, lunch, dinner and GREAT PRIZES are included in the sponsorship fee.
In its 15-year history, the Pilots Classic has raised $227,000 for scholarships, programs, projects and services that benefit LSUS.
To date, the following core sponsors are in place for 2014:
TITLE SPONSOR -
- Diamond Sponsor - Texas Roadhouse
- Platinum Sponsors - Campus Federal Credit Union; Cypress Bend Resort; Gill Industries, Ltd.
- Gold Sponsors - Eagle Distributing of Shreveport, Inc.; Landers Dodge Chrysler Jeep; McAlister's Deli; Risk Services of Louisiana, Inc.
- Titanium Sponsors - Barksdale Federal Credit Union; Coca-Cola Bottling Co. of Shreveport; Music Mountain Water; Pro Financial - In Memory of Andrew Miciotto; Signs At Work
- Fairway Sponsors - Courtesy Golf Cars
The 2013 LSUS Alumni Capital One Pilots Golf Classic was held Friday, May 3. It was the coldest Classic on record, with a temperature of 44 degrees and 35-mile-an-hour winds. Nevertheless, our 104 golfers braved the weather in hats, gloves, ski masks and windbreakers, enjoyed the putting contest, and left the clubhouse in a Noon shotgun start. Kudos to our faithful volunteers as well - especially those who spent a chilly day as Hole in One witnesses or managers of the Drinks Area.
Everyone enjoyed our new venue. The Golf Club at StoneBridge in Bossier City features a beautiful 18-hole championship course designed by PGA Tour professional Fred Couples and award-winning architect Gene Bates.
With a team score of 58, Texas Roadhouse wrestled the First Place Prize for Flight One away from Pro Financial (in memory of Andrew Miciotto) in 2013. The Pro Financial team took home first place in 2011 and 2012. Many sponsors, including our Title Sponsor, Capital One Bank, have been with us from the beginning.
Team and Contest Winners for 2013 were:
- Flight #1: 1st - Texas Roadhouse; 2nd - Pro Financial (in memory of Andrew Miciotto); 3rd - Capital One #1; 4th - Kintzing Electrical Contractors
- Flight #2: 1st - Campus Federal Credit Union #2; 2nd - Somdal Associates; 3rd - Carr, Riggs & Ingram LLC; 4th -Cypress Bend Resort
- Campus Federal Putting Contest - 1st - Andy Bargo; 2nd - Charlie Mann; 3rd - Dale Barnhill
- Chancellor's Challenge Contest - Gill Industries, Ltd. obtained the dubious honor of being the team with the highest score for the day!
- Gill Industries Closest to the Pin Contests - James Hunter, Claude Merriman, Ricky Adams, Mike Wayda