Women and Heart Disease: The Facts You Need To Know
Location: UC Webster Room
Did you know…
· Heart disease is the #1 cause of death among American women, killing nearly 365,000 every year – this is more than their annual deaths from all cancers combined.
· More women than men die of heart disease every year.
· Women are more likely than men to die of a first heart attack and to have a second heart attack.
· Women are less likely than men to receive proven medications, including aspirin, following a heart attack.
· Women are almost twice as likely as men to die following bypass surgery.
· Women receive only one-third of angioplasties, stents and bypass surgeries and less than one-quarter of all implantable defibrillators.
· Women comprise only 25% of participants in heart-related medical research studies.