2014 Student Leadership Awards and Professor of the Year Awards
April 30, 2014
Student Leadership is important at LSUS. As a way to honor and thank everyone for their dedication and support, the Student Activities Board, Student Government Association and the Student Organization Council at LSUS sponsored the 2014 Student Leadership Awards and Professor of the Year Awards. The event was held in the University Center Ballroom and featured LSUS Alumna Rachelle Smith as the guest speaker.
Ms. Smith spoke about "The Power of Belief" and delivered a wonderful message about continuing to believe in yourself. This sort of empowerment is exactly what has allowed the LSUS students to excel in so many areas.
"These awards are important because as students, we can thank our faculty and student leaders enough for their service to our university," said Student Government Association President Cody King.
- Outstanding Greek Organization of the Year was awarded to Phi Mu.
- Outstanding Greek Man of the Year was awarded to Brad Dearing of Tau Kappa Epsilon.
- Outstanding Greek Woman of the Year was awarded to Marianne Stevens of Sigma Phi Iota.
- Outstanding Student Organization of the Year was awarded to the Minority Association of Pre-Health Students.
- Student Organization Outstanding Campus Service was awarded to the Marketing Club.
- Student Organization Outstanding Community Service was awarded to Alpha Epsilon Delta with over 1,200 community service hours.
- Outstanding Student Leader of the Year was awarded to Amber Tinker from the Marketing Club.
- Outstanding Student Organization Advisor of the Year was awarded to Dr. Tara Williams-Hart as advisor to Alpha Epsilon Delta and Minority Association of Pre-Health Students.
- Student Government Association Senator of the Year was awarded to Chaz Coleman.
- Professor of the Year in the College of Arts and Sciences was awarded to Riley Young.
- Professor of the Year in the College of Business, Education and Human Development was awarded to Dr. Tim Shaughnessy.
Once the awards were handed out, Cody King, SGA President, gave a special dedication to Interim Chancellor Paul Sisson as a way to recognize him for his dedication to the university and students during his time acting as chancellor.