LSUS Tennis defeats Centenary for First Win
February 16, 2012SHREVEPORT, La. - The Lady Pilots of LSU Shreveport picked up their first win of the 2012 campaign defeating the Centenary Ladies 5-4 at the Centenary Tennis Complex on Thursday afternoon. LSUS won four out of the six singles matches for the win.
Centenary (0-3) won two out of three in doubles but it was not enough the Lady Pilots no. 1 doubles team came away with an 8-6 with Lauren Stevenson and Heather McCutchen (LSUS) teaming up to beat Isadora Bickham and Lauren Beurlot (CC).
LSUS (1-2) dominated in singles competition with Stevenson, Bernie Riles, Kelly Boss, and Heather Nosky all picking up wins to help the cause. Kelly Boss won the longest match of the afternoon after losing the first set 7-6 as she fell in the tie-breaker 7-2. Boss would then rebound picking up the win to tie the match at one with a 7-5 second set win. She then used the stamina to finish off Holly Clark with a 6-1 dominating performance in the final set for the win.
The next match for the Lady Pilots will be on Friday, Feb. 24, in Longview, Texas, against LeTourneau University with a 3:30 p.m. start time.
at Centenary Tennis Complex
vs. Centenary College
1) Lauren Stevenson/Heather McCutchen (LSUS) def. Isadora Bickham/Lauren Beurlot (CC) 8-6
2) Katie Cornwell/Olivia West (CC) def. Bernie Riles/Haley Yelverton (LSUS) 8-1
3) Catlin Orschel/Holly Clark (CC) def. Kelly Boss/Heather Nosky (LSUS) 8-4
1) Lauren Stevenson (LSUS) def. Isadora Bickham (CC) 7-6, 1-6, 6-3
2) Bernie Riles (LSUS) def. Lauren Beurlot (CC) 4-6, 7-5, 6-3
3) Olivia West (CC) def. Heather McCutchen (LSUS) 6-1, 6-1
4) Katie Cornwell (CC) def. Haley Yelverton (LSUS) 6-1, 6-2
5) Kelly Boss (LSUS) def. Holly Clark (CC) 6-7 (2-7), 7-5, 6-1
6) Heather Nosky (LSUS) def. Catlin Orshcel (CC) 6-4, 6-4