Lady Pilots defeat Centenary
March 30, 2011SHREVEPORT, La. - The LSU Shreveport Lady Pilots tennis team defeated the Centenary Ladies on Wednesday afternoon at the Centenary Tennis Complex by a final count of 5-2.
LSUS (5-2) won their fifth consecutive match as the won five of the six singles matches against the Ladies. Katie Moak, Bernie Riles, and Anne Kelly had no problems pulling out the wins in singles competition while Lauren Simmons also came away with a win. Abby Archer won the longest singles match of the season winning in a super tie breaker.
CC (0-10) have now lost ten matches in a row but managed their first two points of the season as they won two out of three in doubles competition good enough for one point under the NCAA rules. The Ladies pulled out one win in the singles competition.
The next match for the Lady Pilots will be on Friday, April 8, at the Southern Hill Tennis Complex in Shreveport against the no. 24 Belhaven University Lady Blazers (7-2) at 2:00 p.m. LSUS fell to BU earlier in the season 8-1.
at Centenary Tennis Complex
- Isadora Bickham/ Holden Penney (CC) def. Bernie Riles/ Katie Moak, 8-2
- Lindsey Crane/ Lauren Simmons (LSUS) def. Holly Clark/ Michelle Gaubert, 8-6
- Caitlin Orschel/ Ashley McHugh (CC) def. Anne Kelly/ Ali Lieberman, 8-6
- Bickham (CC) def. Crane, 6-1, 6-1
- Moak (LSUS) def. Penney, 6-1, 6-1
- Riles (LSUS) def. Gaubert, 6-1, 6-1
- Archer (LSUS) def. Clark, 6-4, 5-7, 7-7 TB, 10-5 Super TB
- Simmons (LSUS) def. Orschel, 6-2, 6-4
- Kelly (LSUS) def. McHugh, 6-1, 6-1