Transfer Student Checklist
- Complete and submit an Application for Undergraduate Admission with application fee ($20.00).
- Request an official transcript from all colleges or universities previously attended whether or not credit was earned. Transcripts can be mailed directly to LSUS Admissions and Records Office or sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org via secure means, i.e., eSCRIP-SAFE, Parchment, etc. If you are currently enrolled at another college or university when you apply for admission, submit a current official transcript now, and then submit a final official transcript at the conclusion of the term.
- If you have earned less than 18 non-developmental semester hours, you must submit your official high school transcript to the LSUS Admissions and Records Office.
- ACT or SAT scores may be requested by the Admissions Office and used to determine placement in college level English or Mathematics.
- Provide proof of immunization as defined in the Immunization Policy or sign a waiver.
- If you are an active member of the armed forces or a dependent, submit a Military Residency Form.
- Contact your academic advisor for advisement. Transfer students who are admitted and have been advised may register 2 weeks after currently enrolled LSUS students register.
- Register for classes on myLSUS.
- Understand your residency status. Out-of-state residents are required to pay non-resident fees upon enrollment.
- If you are applying for federal grants or loans, you will need to complete the FAFSA and other financial aid documents by these deadlines: March 1 for summer, June 1 for fall and October 1 for spring. Students in no preference, non-matriculating, pre-professional programs or other preparatory studies will not be eligible to receive financial aid. For Financial Aid forms and deadlines, visit the Financial Aid website.
- Pay tuition and fees by the fee payment deadline. You may pay via myLSUS using a credit card or financial aid. You may pay in person at Accounting Services (Administration 129) using cash, a check or a money order. You may mail a check or money order, made payable to LSUS, with the "Fee Payment by Mail" page from the website, to LSUS Accounting Services, 129 AD Building.
- Visit HERE for information concerning LSUS housing. Applications are available via the website. Housing is granted based on a first-come, first-served basis.
All requested documentation must be mailed directly to:
Admissions and Records Office
One University Place
Shreveport, LA 71115
Faxed documents are not accepted as official.