LSU Shreveport welcomes transfer students in every stage of their college careers - some have earned as few as 18 hours and others have earned associate degrees. Regardless of where you are in your education, LSUS is committed to helping you continue your education and earn your degree.
Regardless of age, students who have earned at least 18 hours of college credit in non-developmental course work may transfer to LSUS if they meet all transfer requirements. Students wishing to transfer to LSU Shreveport beginning in the Fall 2012 semester must meet the following admission requirements:
- Have earned a minimum of 18 college-level academic hours;
- Be eligible to return to the institution from which he or she is transferring;
- Have earned at least a 2.0 GPA on all college-level work attempted; and
- Have completed a college-level English and a college-level Mathematics course designed to fulfill general education requirements.
Students who have earned less than 18 college-level academic hours must meet the following admission requirements:
- Have earned at least a 2.0 GPA on all college-level work attempted;
- Meet freshman admission standards
Transfer applicants who have been suspended from another college or university within the previous twelve months are not eligible for admission to the university until the suspension has expired.
Please contact us concerning additional information you need to determine if LSUS is the best fit for continuing your college experience. Admission Counselors are available to answer your questions, provide additional information, and host a campus visit.