Congratulations! You have an LSU Shreveport student!
As a parent, you play an important role in your student's success and we want to help both you and your student during his or her transition from high school to college.
At New Student Orientation, your student will learn about LSU Shreveport and all of its many resources. Since orientation is limited to admitted students, we've designed a program just for parents that will run simultaneously. You and your student will be able to register online once they are admitted. They will be sent a link through the email that they provided in their application. There is a $30 fee to attend (Cash, checks, and money orders are accepted). You must turn in a registration form to reserve your spot at parent orientation.
The program will:
- Assist you in understanding the transition issues your student might experience.
- Provide practical suggestions for supporting your student's success.
- Answer your questions about financial aid, housing, activities, and other resources on campus.
- Allow you to meet your student's dean and administrators.
- Provide an opportunity to tour campus.
There will be a Parent Orientation running from 8:30 a.m. until mid-afternoon during every orientation session as listed below: Friday, May 20, 2016 - Students entering Summer 2016/Fall 2016 semester
Friday, June 17, 2016 - Students entering Fall 2016 semester
Friday, July 15, 2016 - Students entering Fall 2016 semester
Friday, August 12, 2016 - Students entering Fall 2016 semester
Check out the Parent Orientation FAQ page for more detailed information.
Some tips for parents with a student heading out to college can be found online on the Student Development Office website.