International students with superior scholastic records may be considered for admissions to LSU Shreveport. The following items are necessary before an admission decision may be made. All the items listed must be received at least 90 days prior to registration.
Application for Admission
- $30.00 nonrefundable fee
- Secondary-level or high school academic records from an institution in the United States of America should be sent directly from the institution; or post secondary-level or college academic records from each institution attended in the United States of America should be sent directly from the institution. Hand delivered transcripts must remain in the original, sealed, unopened envelope to be considered official.
- Secondary-level or high school academic records from institutions outside the United States of America require an English translated document-by-document evaluation from one of the four approved evaluation service providers; or post-secondary-level or college academic records from each institution attended outside the United States of America require an English translated course-by-course evaluation from one of the four approved evaluation service providers. Hand delivered evaluations must remain in the original, sealed, unopened envelope to be considered official. The four approved evaluation service providers are:
- Official TOEFL scores sent directly to Louisiana State University in Shreveport (Code Number 6355) by the Educational Testing Service (ETS). Minimum scores required are: Undergraduate: 500 on the paper based version, 173 on the computer based version, or 61 on the Internet based version; Graduate:550 on the paper based version, 213 on the computer based version, or 80 on the Internet based version. www.toefl.org.
- Official ACT (American College Test) or SAT (Scholastic Achievement Test) scores sent directly to LSU Shreveport by ACT (www.act.org) or College Board (www.collegeboard.com).
- Additional materials needed if applying for graduate-level study are:
- If applying for the School of Education and Human Development or School of Sciences, official Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores should be sent directly from ETS. www.gre.com.
- If applying for admission to the School of Business, official General Management Admission Test (GMAT) scores must be sent to LSU Shreveport. Minimum score of 450 required. Find more information at www.gmat.com.
- Complete the educational background report using the online form HERE.
- Financial Information forms can be found HERE.
- Completion of the Financial Declaration Affidavit Form HERE.
- Provide an official bank certification showing amount of money available in U.S. dollars.
- Completion of the Declaration of Financial Sponsor form HERE.
- For students born after 1956, proof of immunization or immunity to measles, mumps, and rubella must be provided prior to registration. Proof of tetanus/diphtheria immunization is also required. An online form is available HERE.
- Complete the SEVIS Transfer to LSUS form provided by the Admissions Office if admitted.
- Provide verification of an adequate health insurance plan to hospital, medical, surgical, and major medical, and repatriation expense protection, or its equivalent.
(Additional information may be requested after receipt of the Application for Admission.)