Congratulations! You have an LSU Shreveport student!
As a parent, you play an important role in your student's success and we want to help both you and your student during his or her transition from high school to college.
At Orientation, your student will learn about the University and all of its many resources. Since Orientation is limited to students, we've designed a program just for parents that will run simultaneously. For registration information, download the Parent Orientation Form, fill it out, and return it. There is a $10 cost to attend (Cash, credit cards and checks are accepted). You must turn in a registration form to reserve your spot at parent orientation.
The program will:
- Assist you in understanding the transition issues your student might experience
- Provide practical suggestions for supporting your student's success
- Answer your questions about financial aid, housing, activities, and other resources on campus
- Allow you to meet your student's Dean and administrators
- Provide an opportunity to go on a campus tour
There will be a Parent Orientation running from 8:30 a.m. until mid-afternoon during every Orientation session as listed below:
- Friday, April 17, 2015
- Friday, May 22, 2015
- Friday, June 12, 2015
- Friday, July 31, 2015
- Tuesday, August 18, 2015
- Thursday, January 6, 2016
Check out the Parent Orientation FAQ page for more detailed information.
Some tips for parents with a student heading out to college can be found online on the Student Development Office website.