Congratulations! You have an LSU Shreveport student!
As a parent, you play an important role in your student's success and we want to help both you and your student during his or her transition from high school to college.
At Freshman Orientation, your student will learn about the University and all of its many resources. Since Freshman Orientation is limited to students, we've designed a program just for parents that will run simultaneously. For registration information, download the Parent Orientation Registration Form, fill it out, and return it. There is no cost to attend. However, you must turn in a registration form to reserve your spot at parent orientation.
The program will:
- Assist you in understanding the transition issues your student might experience
- Provide practical suggestions for supporting your student's success
- Answer your questions about financial aid, housing, activities, and other resources on campus
- Allow you to meet your student's Dean and administrators
- Povide an opportunity to go on a campus tour
There will be a Parent Orientation running from 8:30 a.m. until mid-afternoon during every Freshman Orientation session as listed below:
- Tuessday, January 7, 2014
- Friday, April 11, 2014
- Friday, May 23, 2014
- Friday, June 13, 2014
- Friday, July 11, 2014
- Friday, July 25, 2014
- Tuesday, August 19, 2014
- Tuesday, January 6, 2015
Check out the Parent Orientation FAQ page for more detailed information.
Some tips for parents with a student heading out to college can be found online on the Student Development Office website.