Congratulations! You have an LSU Shreveport student!
As a parent, you play an important role in your student's success. We want to help you in your efforts.
Your student will learn about the University and all its resources at Freshman Orientation. Although Freshman Orientation is limited to students, we've designed a program just for you... so that you can learn about the University and assist your student in their transition to college. For registration information, download the Parent Orientation Registration Form, fill it out, and return it. There is no cost to attend. However, you must turn in a registration form to reserve your spot at parent orientation.
The program will:
- assist you in understanding the transition issues your student will be experiencing
- provide practical suggestions for supporting your student's success
- answer your questions about financial aid, housing, activities, and other resources on campus
- allow you to meet your student's Dean, administrators, and provide a campus tour
There will be a Parent Orientation during every Freshman Orientation session.
Check-in is at 8:30 a.m. and Parent Orientation will start at 9 a.m. and lasts until 3:30 p.m. for all Parent Orientations except the April 12 Orientation. On April 12, check-in will be at 10:30 a.m. and Parent Orientation will start at 11 a.m.
The upcoming Parent Orientations are as follows:
- Tuessday, January 7, 2014
- Friday, April 11, 2014
- Friday, May 23, 2014
- Friday, June 13, 2014
- Friday, July 11, 2014
- Friday, July 2, 2014
- Tuesday, August 19, 2014
- Tuesday, January 6, 2015
Tips for parents with a student heading out to college, check out the Student Development Office.