Why Should I attend LSU Shreveport Orientation?
All admitted incoming LSU Shreveport first-time freshmen are required to attend an Orientation session before registering for classes. New Student Orientation provides numerous opportunities to help new students adjust to the college experience. Not only do incoming freshmen and transfer students interact with other new students, but they also get to meet current students who can "show them the ropes." Students receive individualized assistance with class scheduling, get to know where things are on campus, learn about student life, and register for their first semester classes. New Transfer students are invited to attend as well.
All Orientation sessions will begin with check-in at 8:30 a.m. and will end by 4:30 p.m.
How much does it cost?
There is a $10 charge for students to attend; and students are still required to register in advance for Freshman Orientation. Check, cash and credit cards are accepted.
How do I register?
First, students must receive a letter from the Admissions Office informing them they have been admitted to LSU Shreveport. Once admitted, students are encouraged to register for an Orientation session online by selecting from the dates listed below.
- Tuesday, January 6, 2015 - Students entering the Spring 2016 semester
- Friday, April 17, 2015 - Students entering Fall 2015 semester
- Friday, May 22, 2015 - Students entering Summer 2015 semester
- Friday, June 12, 2015 - Students entering Fall 2015 semester
- Friday, July 10, 2015 - Students entering Fall 2015 semester
- Friday, July 31, 2015 - Students entering Fall 2015 semester
- Tuesday, August 18, 2015 - Students entering Fall 2015 semester
- Thursday, January 7, 2016 - Students entering Spring 2016 semester
What do I need to bring to Orientation?
Please bring a valid picture ID and your assigned LSU Shreveport student PIN (provided in the acknowledgement letter from the Admissions Office) in order to register for classes.
Can parents attend Orientation?
Orientation is designed for students who have never attended a college or university. However, LSU Shreveport recognizes the importance of a support system for students. We provide a Parent Orientation program offered during every Orientation session designed especially for parents and/or other family members.