In-State Admissions Criteria:
For the Fall 2014 semester, all in-state students must:
- Have completed or be on track to complete the Board of Regents High School Core curriculum.
- Have a cumulative High School GPA of at least 2.0 (on 4.0 scale)
- *Need no remedial coursework based upon the following ACT/SAT sub-scores:
ACT English sub-score greater than or equal to an 18 (SAT Critical Reading 450)
ACT Math sub-score greater than or equal to a 19 (SAT Math 460)
- Meet one of the following:
Cumulative CORE curriculum GPA of at least a 2.0 (on 4.0 scale)
An ACT composite score of at least a 20 (SAT combined Critical Reading and Math score of 940)
*For Fall 2013, Spring 2014, and Summer 2014 terms, all in-state students must:
- Meet all of the above criteria for the Fall 2014 semester but are allowed the need for one remedial course. This means the student can have either a 17 or below ACT English sub-score OR an 18 or below ACT Math sub-score.
Out-of-State and Home-school Admissions Criteria
Option 1 - Meet the in-state student requirements listed above for appropriate entry term.
Option 2 - Have at least 17 of the 19 units of the Louisiana Board of Regents High School Core Curriculum, *need no developmental courses, have a minimum cumulative and core GPA of 2.0 (on 4.0 scale), and an ACT composite score of at least 20 (SAT combined Critical Reading and Math score of 940).
Option 3 - Have at least a 23 Composite on the ACT (SAT combined Critical Reading and Math score of 1050).
First-Time Freshman Age 25 and Older
- A first-time freshman who is 25 years of age or older is not required to meet the Board of Regents' minimum admission criteria for first-time freshmen.
- However, he or she must have a need for no more than one remedial course. This is determined by ACT, SAT, COMPASS or placement tests.
- Students must have high school transcripts or proof of high school graduation sent to the Admissions Office.