Admissions Info and Deadlines
SUMMER 2013 and FALL 2013 AEP REGISTRATION BEGIN APRIL 22, 2013. The Summer registration deadline is May 23, 2013. The Fall registration deadline is August 14, 2013.
- Student must have completed his/her freshman year in high school to enroll in regular freshman classes at LSU Shreveport.
- Student must be currently enrolled at a public, private, parochial, or home school in Louisiana.
- Student must have taken either the PLAN or ACT (or SAT) assessment and those scores must be on file with the high school at the time of application.
- Student must be in good standing as defined by the high school.
- Student must have written permission from the high school and his/her parent/guardian to participate.
- Student must be eligible to enroll at the post-secondary institution.
- A post-secondary academic transcript will begin which records all institutional credit for which the student attempts.
- Student only receives credit for the course at the college level. High school credit can be assigned at the high school's discretion. LSUS does not post grades to high school transcripts.
- To continue enrollment in subsequent semesters/terms through this funding opportunity, student must have successfully completed prior dual credit courses by earning an A, B, C or P. Students who earn less than C or who withdraw/resign from a course may not enroll in the following semester or term with AEP funding.
- If the student resigns or withdraws from a course or enrollment is cancelled, the student must receive permission from both the high school and college to continue enrollment in subsequent semesters/terms.
- Students must reapply each semester.
- Completed at least one year of high school with a minimum of 5 units
- Have one of the following:
High School GPA of 2.0 or greater
- OR High School graduation rank top 50% of class
- OR an ACT composite score of 20 or greater (or SAT equivalent) OR a PLAN score of 17 or greater
3. AND (if taking English or Mathematics) need no more than one developmental course by having one of the following:
- ACT English score of 18 or greater
- ACT Mathematics score of 19 or greater
Tuition and fees for Summer and Fall 2013 are $150.00 per 3-credit course.
- Students are responsible for the cost of books and supplies if required for the course.