Eligibility Information for the Academic Excellence Program:
1. Student must have completed freshman year in high school to enroll in regular freshman classes at LSUS.
2. Student must be currently enrolled at a public, private, parochial or home school in Louisiana.
3. Student must have taken either the PLAN or ACT (or SAT) assessment.
4. Student must be in good standing as defined by the high school.
5. Student must have permission from the high school and their parent/guardian to participate.
6. Student must be eligible to enroll at the postsecondary institution (see criteria below).
7. A postsecondary academic transcript will begin which records all institutional credit the student attempts.
8. Student only receives credit for the course at the college level.
9. Students who receive less than a "C" in an LSUS course may not continue in the AEP program.
10. If the student resigns or withdraws from a course, the student must receive permission from both the high school and college to continue enrollment in subsequent semesters/terms.
11. Students must reapply each semester.
1. Completed at least one year of high school with a minimum of 5 units
2. Have one of the following:
3. High School GPA of 2.0 or greater
a. OR High School graduation rank top 50% of class
b. OR an ACT composite score of 20 or greater (or SAT equivalent) OR a PLAN score of 17 or greater
4. AND must have the following minimum ACT scores or their equivalent:
a. ACT English score of 18 or greater
b. ACT Mathematics score of 19 or greater
5. Please have official test results (ACT or SAT or PLAN) sent directly to LSU Shreveport.
Tuition is $50 per semester credit hour ($150 for a three-credit course). Students will be responsible for the cost of books and supplies, if required for the course.