- A student will be admitted under the freshman entrance requirements if he/she earned fewer than 18 college-level hours or has not completed freshman level English and math classes.
- Complete and submit an Application for Undergraduate Admission with application fee ($20.00).
- Ensure that the Admissions Office has your official high school transcript.
- If you graduated from a Louisiana High School in 2004 or later, we will request your transcript from the Student Transcript System.
- If you graduated from a Louisiana High School before 2004 or from a high school in another state, you need to request that your high school send an official transcript to LSUS.
- If appropriate, submit your General Education Diploma (GED).
- Request that an official transcript from each college previously attended be mailed directly to LSUS. If you are currently enrolled at another college or university when you apply for admission, submit a current official transcript and then submit a final official transcript at the conclusion of the term.
- If applicable, request that American College Test (ACT) or Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) scores be sent by the testing agency to the LSUS. Send ACT scores to the Admissions Office online at www.actstudent.org by using 1593 as the School Code. SAT scores can be sent online at www.collegeboard.com using 6355 as the School Code. You may also arrange to take a placement test with the English (318-797-5369) or Math (318-797-5377) department prior to admission to LSUS.
- Provide proof of immunization as defined in the Immunization Policy or sign a waiver.
- If you are an active member of the armed forces or a dependent, submit a Military Residency Form and a copy of your military orders.
- Register for Freshman Orientation online at the website provided in your admissions decision letter. Participants will receive academic advisement and register for classes during the program.
- Understand your residency status. Out-of-state residents are required to pay non-resident fees upon enrollment.
- Complete the FAFSA and other financial aid documents by these deadlines: March 1 for summer, June 1 for fall and October 1 for spring. Students in no preference, non-matriculating, pre-professional programs or other preparatory studies will not be eligible to receive financial aid. For Financial Aid forms and deadlines, visit the Financial Aid website.
- Pay tuition and fees by the fee payment deadline. You may pay via the myLSUS using a credit card or financial aid. You may pay in person at Accounting Services (Administration 129) using cash, a check or a money order. You may mail a check or money order, made payable to LSUS, with the "Fee Payment by Mail" form from the website, to LSUS Accounting Services, 129 AD Building.
- Visit HERE for information concerning LSUS housing. Applications are available via the website. Housing is granted based on a first-come, first-served basis.
All requested documentation must be mailed directly to:
Admissions and Records Office
One University Place
Shreveport, LA 71115