Want a free ride at LSUS? Students receiving a Taylor Opportunity Program for Students (TOPS) scholarship can get a free ride at LSUS when combined with one of the guaranteed scholarships. Students may qualify for the following three options:
- Louisiana Scholarship
- Award: Full tuition and fees plus book allowance per semester
- Criteria: 30 ACT and minimum 3.5 high school GPA (unweighted)
- Red River Scholarship
- Award: $1,800 per semester
- Criteria: 26 ACT and minimum 3.0 high school GPA (unweighted)
- Shreveport Scholarship
- Award: $1,500 per semester
- Criteria: 24 ACT and 3.0 high school (unweighted)
There is no extra application to apply for these scholarships. Once you have applied to the University, your information will be reviewed and you will be notified as to which scholarship you are qualified to receive. You must be accepted to LSUS in order to recieve one of the LSUS scholarships.
You may be eligible for other types of financial aid including federal and state grants, loans, work study and other LSUS scholarships. For information on federal and state financial aid click on the Financial Aid link at top left.