Print / Share  

Types of Aid



  • Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
  • Be enrolled in at least six hours.
  • Be pursuing a bachelor's or master's degree program in the Department of Education.
  • Master's Degree students must possess a bachelor's degree and teaching credentials or certification.
  • Teach LSUS students are not eligible.
  • Be enrolled in coursework necessary to begin a career in teaching.
  • Entering freshman must have a 3.25 high school grade point average (GPA); continuing undergraduate and graduate students must have a 3.25 cumulative GPA; and first-semester graduate students must have an undergraduate cumulative GPA of 3.25.
  • Undergraduate students who are classified as juniors or seniors are required to be in the Teacher Education and Retention Program (TEPAR).


Complete the following steps:

  • File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid.
  • Make an appointment or call the Financial Aid Office to notify us that you wish to receive a TEACH Grant.  Office phone number 318.797.5363.
  • Complete Entrance Counseling and the Agreement to Serve on-line at HERE.

Failure to complete the teaching obligation, respond to requests for information, or properly document your teaching service within specified time frames will cause the TEACH Grant to be permanently converted to a loan with interest.

Once a TEACH Grant is converted to a loan, it can't be converted back to a grant!