Code of Conduct
CODE OF CONDUCT
FINANCIAL AID OFFICE STAFF
The Financial Aid Office at LSUS:
- does not have any revenue-sharing agreements with lenders.
- has not accepted any offers of funds from lenders to be used for private educational loans (also known as opportunity pools) in exchange for processing federal or private loans for a particular lender or guarantor.
- does not serve on any lender advisory boards.
- has not received gifts of stock or other financial compensation from lenders in return for service on an advisory board.
- does not receive financial benefits from a lender or guarantor in return for being placed on a school's lender list.
- bases lender lists solely on the best interest of the students and/or parents. Students and parents will be clearly told that they may select the lender of their choice regardless of the list.
Staff members in the Financial Aid Office are bound to act in compliance with the National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators Statement of Ethical Principles.