LouisianaOnline has teamed up with SmarterMeasure to provide an assessment tool that measures learner readiness. SmarterMeasure is an indicator of the degree to which distance learning and/or learning in a technology rich environment will be a good fit for you. This tool helps students determine if they possesses the attributes, skills and knowledge that contribute to success, including the following non-cognitive factors:
- Self motivation
- Time management skills
- Self discipline
- On-screen Reading Rate and Recall
- Availability of time
- Ability to use a laptop, printer, software, and the Internet
- Typing speed and accuracy
Upon completion of SmarterMeasure, you will receive a score report that will help you understand your strengths and opportunities for improvement as well as provide resources to help you succeed. Remember, this assessment is strictly for your benefit, so take the time to rate yourself honestly.
To successfully use SmarterMeasure, you must:
- Have Internet access with a 28.8K modem or faster. (A minimum 56k modem is recommended to download components such as audio files.)
- Accept browser cookies.
- Set your browser to refresh at every page.
- Not be behind a firewall that blocks cookies or blocks access to a secure server.
- Turn off pop-up blocking. (Internet Explorer users only)
- Have speakers connected to your computer and turned on.