To be considered for admission an applicant must apply to the LSU-S Graduate School and to the Leadership Studies Program in the Education Department. Candidates may be accepted twice a year for a fall or spring cohort. Applicants should:
- Hold a graduate degree from an accredited institution with at least a 3.0 GPA on all previous graduate work completed.
- Submit the following to the Office of Admissions and Records:
- A completed application for admission with application fee prior to April 30 for Fall Term; or October 5 for Spring Term.
- Official copies of transcripts of all prior undergraduate and graduate college work attempted.
- These items must be sent directly from each institution attended.
- Photocopies or official transcripts from students are not acceptable.
- Graduate School Admissions Exam (e.g., GRE, GMAT, LSAT, MAT) scores in at least the 50th percentile (submit to Office of Admissions); OR highlight in your resume evidence of at least three years full-time professional work experience and at least two years of service in a leadership capacity in a professional/work, social, or civic organization (submit to Leadership Studies program director).
- Submit the following to the Leadership Studies Program Director:
- Three letters of recommendations regarding your academic performance and potential for leadership; preferably from a supervisor or individual to whom you directly report. These items must be sent directly from each reference.
- Statement of purpose that identifies your reason for applying, intended area of concentration or interest in leadership, and long-range career aspirations.
- Current professional resume detailing relevant job experience.
- Successfully complete a personal interview with the Leadership Studies faculty (to be scheduled after a successful review of all other submitted application materials by the April 30 (fall) or October 5 (spring) deadlines).