The program is open to any qualified person holding a graduate degree from an accredited institution with at least a 3.0 GPA on all previous graduate work completed. For admission to the Leadership Studies doctoral program applicants must apply to both the LSUS Graduate Admissions and to the Leadership Studies Program in the Education Department. Successful candidates will be accepted once a year to join a fall cohort of new doctoral students. Applicants should submit a complete application, which includes all of the items mentioned below, no later than April 30, 2016.
- Submit the following to the Office of Admissions and Records:
- A completed application for admission with application fee prior to April 30 for Fall Term.
- Official copies of transcripts of all prior undergraduate and graduate college work attempted.
- These items must be sent directly from each institution attended.
- Photocopies or official transcripts from students are not acceptable.
- Graduate School Admissions Exam (e.g., GRE, GMAT, LSAT, MAT) scores in at least the 50th percentile (submit to Office of Admissions); OR if you have at least two years of service in a leadership capacity, contact the Program Director for approval to submit alternate evidence in this category.
- Submit the following to the Leadership Studies Program Director:
- Three letters of recommendations regarding your academic performance and potential for leadership; preferably from a supervisor or individual to whom you directly report. These items must be sent directly from each reference.
- Statement of purpose that identifies your reason for applying, intended area of concentration or interest in leadership, and long-range career aspirations.
- Current professional resume detailing relevant job experience. Please highlight at least three years of full-time professional work experience and at least two years of service in a leadership capacity in a professional/work, social, or civic organization.
- Successfully complete a personal interview with the Leadership Studies faculty (to be scheduled after a successful review of all other submitted application materials by the April 30 deadline).