Louisiana State University in Shreveport is proud to announce the Department of Education will be offering a Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) in Leadership Studies. This Ed.D. program will be the first of its kind to be offered on the Shreveport campus, allowing LSU Shreveport to offer the highest level of instruction in the field of education.
- Classes will begin in January of 2014 pending SACSCOC Accreditation level change approval.
- Deadline for Spring 2014 admission packets semester is October 30
The Ed.D. in Leadership Studies will provide practitioners with relevant and practical research skills, to utilize applied theories for change, and to have the knowledge to identify and solve problems of practice through the collaboration of key stakeholders. Students will be given the opportunity to develop these attributes through content courses, research courses, and a practical internship.
The program is designed to be completed within 4 years by taking two courses per semester year-round (total of 63 hours). Candidates for this type of program are often working professionals who have a master's degree with at least 3 years of work experience. Students are admitted to the program in either the fall or spring semester and take a prescribed set of courses in a cohort model.
- 63 hours in length.
- Cohorts are accepted in the fall and spring semester.
- 36 hours of core courses, 18 hours of cognate courses, 9 hours of dissertation.
- A workplace internship is required as part of the core courses.
For more information, or if you are interested in applying to this program, click here.