How Do I Apply?
STEP 1: READ THIS WEBSITE
Before you do anything else, we encourage you to read through the material on this website. Familiarize yourself with the details of the program. If you need additional information, please contact Mrs. Tracey Burrell via email at email@example.com.
STEP 2: CHECK YOUR ELIGIBILTY
- Baccalaureate degree in any field outside of education
- Minimum cumulative G.P.A. of 2.5 at the time the degree was conferred.
STEP 3: APPLY
Applying is easy!
- Download the TeachLSUS Application. Follow the instructions on page #2 of the application.
- Attach a current resume. The resume should clearly outline your work history in chronological order, including dates of employment and descriptions of responsibilities and accomplishments. In addition to providing employment information, the resume is the best way for candidates to highlight previous achievements - both academic and professional - along with any community involvement or volunteer experience. The resume should also highlight any teaching experience or student related activities and ideally should be no more one or two pages in length.
- Attach your essay. Your essay should follow the following format:
- Paragraph 1: In your own words, discuss the purpose of education and the role of the teacher.
- Paragraph 2:Discuss your thoughts about how students should acquire knowledge, intellectual skills, values and ideas.
- Paragraph 3: Discuss how you acquire knowledge, intellectual skills, values and ideas.
- Paragraph 4: Describe how you would apply your teaching philosophy in a classroom setting.
- Attach an official copy of your official transcripts from each university where you earned a bachelor's, master's, and/or a doctoral degree(s). Note- If you graduated from LSUS you do not need to attach an official transcript. You may attach an unofficial copy from myLSUS.
- Attach a copy of passing scores for Praxis I and Praxis II Content. Candidates who have earned a graduate degree from an accredited university are exempt from Praxis I. All other requirements must be met. Click here for detailed testing information.
- Apply as an undergraduate transfer student through the LSUS Office of Admissions and Records. YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS FROM EACH UNIVERSITY YOU HAVE EVER ATTENDED DIRECTLY TO THE LSUS ADMISSIONS OFFICE.
- Interviews will be scheduled by the TeachLSUS Program Coordinator. Invitations will be emailed to candidates who submit complete applications on or before the deadline.