APPLICATION DUE DATE
Fall 2013 applications must be submitted by May 20, 2013.
Spring 2014 applications must be submitted by October 9, 2013
TeachLSUS is an alternative teacher certification program for those who have earned, at minimum, a bachelor's degree in any field outside of education. We are dedicated to preparing knowledgeable, skilled, and professional educators. The program is fast paced and challenging. Candidates who apply and are accepted should be prepared to designate sufficient study time as well as allot time for field experience hours as required. As a teacher candidate with the TeachLSUS Certification Only Program, candidates are eligible to work as full-time salaried school teachers upon completion of 80 contact hours (two classes) while earning a Louisiana teaching certificate.
Program Benefits Include:
- Opportunity to work while earning your Louisiana teaching certificate
- Streamlined application process
- Access to expert educators in education
- Opportunity to inspire the future of local students
- Spring and fall evening classes
- Summer day classes