Recent LSUS Math Grads
It is true that the LSUS Department of Mathematics does not boast a huge number of graduates in any single year. There are many reasons for that, not least of which is the relative scarcity of mathematics majors. (The few, the proud, ...)
That being the case, our department can boast that we do more with few. We are proud of the careers and trajectories of our graduates. The following is only a partial list of recent graduates (we're waiting to hear from more of them).
- Laura McCormick (2011 Math): PhD student in Mathematics and Teaching Assistant at the University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC (2011).
- David Poe (2011 Math+Physics): Graduate Student in Electrical Engineering at the University of North Texas, Denton, TX (2011).
- Charles Crawford (2010, Math+Physics): NASA Internship - Applied Aerosciences and Computational Fluid Dynamics Branch (fall of 2010); User Experience and Design Engineer, Twin Engine Labs, Shreveport, LA (2011).
- Derrick Hughes (2010 Math): Graduate Student and Teaching Assistant in Statistics, Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL (2011).
- Will Sandifer (2010 Math): PhD student in Pure Mathematics at the University of Denver, Denver, CO (2011).
- Steven Smith (2010 Math, 2008 Physics): Mechanical engineer for Weldship Corporation (a transportation company in the compressed gas industry), Bethlehem, PA.
- Jared Vicory (2008 Math+CS): Masters in Comp. Sci. at LSUS (2009); PhD Student and Research/Teaching Assistant at the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC (2010); specializing in Medical Image Analysis.
- Jason Downey (2007 Math): Mathematics and QEP Coordinator at Bossier Parish Community College, Bossier City, LA (2008).
- Sara Jayne Slocombe (2008 Math): Learning Technologist for course development at the University of Manchester, Manchester, UK (2011).